What exactly do you mean by relationship-driven approach?
We believe relationships are the most important thing in life. Extending a personal invitation allows you to build deeper relationships with people by sharing your heart for adoption and your child's story. Personal stories are impactful and often life changing. You have the opportunity to open people's eyes to the beauty of adoption.
Instead of putting endless amounts of time and energy into regular fundraisers like car washes, bake sales, garage sales, t-shirt sales, etc. we prefer a relationship driven approach that yields more financial results in half the time. We will teach you how to use the relationships you already have in your community, to invite these people to be a part of your child's adoption through their generous giving.
This is accomplished by contacting friends and family, inviting them to meet one on one to share your story, and inviting them to give generously to your adoption fund.
Inviting people individually sounds scary and difficult. Will I sound like a pushy sales person?
You're right, it is scary and it is difficult. This process will push you to face your fears and to trust in God's provision like never before! It is so worth it though. Not only will you have a fully funded adoption, but you will grow in your faith like never before! Daily choosing to trust in the Lord to provide you strength, courage, and finances will deepen your faith in a new way. And don't worry, the last thing we want is for you to sound like a sales person! You aren't selling anything! You are sharing your story and inviting people to be a part of the beautiful story of adoption.
Another bonus- participating in this journey together as a couple will strengthen your marriage! When we raised financial support during our first 9 months of marriage, we often jokingly referred to it as "marriage bootcamp." It was incredibly rewarding to learn to work as a team towards a mutual goal and to trust God together.
What will be required of us throughout the fundraising process?
In order to be successful, you will need to be willing to invest your time and energy into following our method and coaching. We expect our couples to:
- Come to training prepared, having fully completed required preparatory materials
- Attend and actively participate in the full training day
- Invest a minimum of 8 hours a week into raising financial support
- Submit a weekly report online to your coach
- Participate in a coaching meeting via video chat twice a month
- Personally contact people to invite them to learn more about your adoption
- Extend a personal invitation to people, inviting them to take part in giving a child a forever family by generously giving to your child's adoption
What will we learn at the workshop?
- The biblical basis for our relationship driven approach (modeled by Jesus himself)
- How God wants to provide abundantly for you and your child
- Why extending a personal invitation is more financially fruitful
- How to be more efficient with your time and energy instead of planning more fundraisers
- The practical how to's of who to talk to, what to say, and how to invite people to be a part of your child's story
- How sharing your story can impact people's hearts for adoption
How long can we expect it to take to get fully funded?
Great question. The short answer is, like anything else in life, the amount of time it will take depends on the amount of effort you invest. To give you an idea of what it may take- to raise $25,000, investing 10 hours a week, we estimate you being fully funded in 3 months. For $50,000 we estimate 6 months, but it really depends on how much time you can invest.
What if we have A LOT of money to raise?
Whether you're raising $15k or $60k, I know it seems like A LOT of money. And it some ways it is, but it is only a drop in the bucket to God, who owns it ALL. He is creator of all things, owner of all things, and provider of all things. Ultimately we are asking Him to provide in miraculous ways.
Practically, you can trust that God has equipped us to teach you and coach you well. We have experience in personally raising over $250,000 and have helped over 31 missionaries become fully funded, collectively raising $460,000. There is proven success with our (God's) method!
Yes and no. Ultimately it is up to God to provide. He invites you to be an active participant in His provision, working diligently to become fully funded. If you follow our (God's) method and are willing to put in the effort, we can confidently say you will become fully funded.